May 16, 2011

Eating, Reading, Watching

My alarm went off at 4:30 this morning. Uggggggh. I got up with my husband, packed his lunch and made coffee and sent him off to work. Then I went back to bed.

My alarm went off again at 7:00. I felt yucky. My arms and legs were made of lead. I couldn't lift my head. (*snort* that rhymed) None of the kids were up yet, so I stayed in bed. (hehe, more rhyming)

At 9:30 Shane finally woke up. The boys and I slept in until 9:30. In all honesty, Caedon was running a slight fever but probably not enough for him to stay home. I was too tired and sick to get up and get them to school today. So I pulled the parent card and decided that everyone was staying home. I confess, I kept the older two home to help me with Shane.

I've been keeping busy with my photography, and I have been amazed at how much it's grown over the last month. I've been burning the midnight oil getting sessions edited and I think that kinda led to today's overall ickyness.

So moving on: Eating, Reading, Watching

Eating: nothing exciting. Mostly a lot of beans, salads and roasted chicken. (I honestly think I roasted 4 chickens in one week.) Brisket one night. Nothing to write home blog about.

Reading:



Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. I remember reading this a long time ago at my grandma's house. I found that the Disney movie followed the book better than the new version.

A Lucky Child. You want a good historical memoir, this is a good one.

Water for Elephants. I'm a little late to the party on this one. It was good, I didn't like some of the character flaws (but then again, I guess that's why they are flaws.) It was a good distraction from the other book I was reading. I'll get to that in a minute.

Heaven is for Real. Yes, Yes, Yes! Go read this book. It's short, it's a fast read and I dare you to not fall in love with the Burpo family. This book came at a good time for me. I've been having some...religion issues. Not Faith. Those two things are very separate in my mind. I'm working on it.

I started The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo between A Lucky Child and Water for Elephants. I'm having a hard time getting into it. It just doesn't read as quickly as I like to. I'm working on it. I'm determined to finish it.

We picked up Onward: How Starbucks Fought for Its Life without Losing Its Soul. I'm really excited to start that one.

Watching:
Netflix is back. We had Netflix when we lived in Phoenix. Before they had the streaming option. The service hub was in Phoenix, so a disc shipped out would easily arrive the next day. We could receive, watch and return several movies a week. When we moved to Las Cruces, not so much. It sucked. The mail service was slow and there were times that we didn't receive our movies. I cancelled it shortly after we moved.

I finally bit the bullet and went back. We have a Wii and we browse the Internet on it (it's awesome for showing the boys cool stuff on the net. Waffleizer was a huge hit.)

Since I signed us up on Saturday we've watched:
almost all of Avatar: The Last Airbender series
The Sorcerer's Apprentice
Happily N'ever After 2
Camp Leatherneck
God Grew Tired of Us
Easy A 
resumed Nip/Tuck where we left off.

And now a public service announcement: Just because your Blu-Ray is "wireless capable" does not mean it is "wireless ready." We found this out when I tried to connect one of the BR's to our network and it would not connect. I read the manual and found out that we needed a LAN Wireless Adapter. So I went and got one. Simple right? Wrong. Evidently I needed a Samsung specific LAN Wireless Adapter. That would be an additional $80. The reviews and comments on Amazon basically summed it up: Great product, happy with the Blu-Ray. Unhappy about the additional cost for a wireless adapter.
Word.

So now that I'm back on Netflix, any good stuff I need to watch? We are geeking out over all the documentaries. Any good books to distract me as I read through The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo?

No comments:

Post a Comment