May 18, 2011

Coco-Nut

A couple of weeks ago I bought a coconut. Yup. Exciting.



In all seriousness, it was an attempt at introducing something different that we see at the grocery store but isn't on our normal list. I don't want to brag, but Pineapple day is pretty darn exciting around our house.

As soon as I pulled out a hammer and screwdriver, interest was piqued. Food that requires a hammer is a winner and earns high marks in a house full of boys.


I drained the water from the nut. Not a winner. No one liked it. Can't make me swallow it. But look how the screwdriver sticks out of the coconut! Winner!


I then pretended that I bought a pirate coconut. "Arrrrgh, is there something in my eye?"
You're not laughing. The kids didn't laugh, either.
Arrrrgh. Is there something in my eye?

Then the good part. I wrapped the coconut in a tea towel and handed the boys the hammer. Winning...again! Evidently I didn't get a pirate coconut, I got a Charlie Sheen coconut. It's only fun on the hard stuff.


Okay, so overall: Kids not impressed by coconuts. Kids are impressed by tools.

Knowing is half the battle.
The more you know.
Reading Rainbow.


{I'm on medication, so I think I'm funnier than I really am right now. Oh no, now I'm Charlie Sheen.}

No comments:

Post a Comment