March 8, 2011

Tuesday

I have to take Dug to the vet today. Instead of the usual come home and do nothing homework, snack, clean, I have to load up the dog and three kids and go to the vet.

Dug always refuses to get in the car. Wasn't a big deal when he was a puppy. But now he's 65 lbs. I'll have to lift him, which is always interesting because he crouches down as close to the ground as he can get. Lower than a chihuahua. Then as soon as I get my arms around him, he rolls over. But it's more like a flopping over and he begins to spaz out.

The boys will turn around and try to coax Dug into the cargo area of my SUV. "Here Dug." "Duuuuug." "Dug." They'll even hold pieces of bread and those nasty smelling T-Bonz treats Dug is fond of. Dug will begin to belly crawl under my car.

Then I'll have to lift him out of the car, keep him out of traffic, pull him into the vets office, count to 3 every time we get in and out of the car/office to keep track of kids, get kids in the car and re-do the whole get the dog in the back of the SUV in the vet parking lot...which is conveniently located right off the main road in town. So everyone in town will get to see me lift the front end, then the back end of a 65 lb Golden Retriever in the car. Knowing my luck we'll be done right at 5:05 while everyone is driving home.

That dog never wants to go anywhere.
I don't know where he gets it from. ;)

***************************************
We're giving up meat for Lent. MedicDad wants to give up all animal products but he loves his eggs in the morning, so we had the whole "substitute vs real thing" conversation. Real thing it is, in moderation.

**************************************
I finished Half Broke Horses last night. I don't know why I didn't read it sooner. I loved The Glass Castle so much I was worried that HBH couldn't be as good. It was almost better.
***************************************
I bought two books from Hasting's the other night...they're hiding in my glove box. We had a long talk about "stuff." I love stuff. My husband does not. So I went out and bought more stuff. :) Oh, two books is not a lot of stuff, right? Right.

*************************************


How's your Tuesday shaping up? Better than Monday?

No comments:

Post a Comment